For more than twelve years, we have provided Christmas gifts for needy families on Franklin Gateway. With COVID things changed, and God opened up grand new vistas for the event connected with this gift giving. We moved to the property of the Korean American SDA Church and created a Bethlehem experience. Many have served in Bethlehem these past two years.
This year three churches of three different cultures are joining together to make the Walk through Bethlehem a magnificent evangelistic project. The Korean SDA Church and the Marietta Hispanic SDA Company will be working with us to hopefully bring out 500 children with their families for this event on Thursday, December 7. There will be many expenses of which MAC will provide the little gift bags and the petting zoo.
In order to streamline Walk through Bethlehem, we have separated out the Christmas gift giving project in which MAC has participated for more than a dozen years. We have sorted our list and have about 70 children who really need help with Christmas this year. We are rebranding the event as Caring Christmas to be held on Wednesday, December 13. We have wishlists available November 4-25, and since there are fewer families this year, make sure you adopt yours as soon as possible.
Want to help?
Here are five ways we need you:
1) Plan to volunteer on Thursday, December 7, all day, part day or after work at the Korean American SDA Church
1485 South Marietta Parkway SE, Marietta, GA 30067
You may do any of these things:
* Dress as a Bible times person and populate Bethlehem
*Be a guide so people know where to walk next
*Guide vehicle traffic
*Help hand out little gift bags to kids
*Use your bilingual skills (Spanish-English or Korean-English)
*Help take down the props and return them to MAC for storage
2) Adopt a child or family of children to pray for their prayer requests and purchase gifts from their wish lists. Wish lists can be picked up in the church lobby on Sabbath mornings.
Suggested spending for each wish list gifts is about $50 to $60.
Bring back unwrapped gifts with the wish list to the church lobby by Sabbath, December 2.
3) Purchase and bring generic toys, socks, mittens, hats, lotions or other accessories by Sabbath, December 2.
4) Bring non-perishable food or lightly used children's books to be given away at another event by Sabbath, December 2.
5) Pray for all people involved at our events.